LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to take oscilloscope voltage data

@sahurley wrote:

I don't mean an Express VI, I mean it is only running on NI SignalExpress.  I don't currently have a code because I was trying to use an example, but it doesn't work.  The only way I can get any data is in SignalExpress.  

The responses said not to use a DAQ board, but to directly hook up the oscilloscope so that's what I did (square usb in the oscilloscope to usb in the computer). 

Then post the example you tried AND the error message you received.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 50
(1,707 Views)

Also check out this thread where I was having problems with a different instrument connected by USB.

The same thing could be happening here.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Yokogawa-WT500-through-USB/m-p/1038947#M462374

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 50
(1,703 Views)

Attached is the code and the error.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 50
(1,690 Views)

That error message tells you everything you need to know to figure it out.  You didn't wire a required terminal in the subVI.

Try wiring something into the "Resource Name" terminal.  Then if that doesn't work, then come back here with a real problem.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 50
(1,687 Views)

Yes, I know that.  The problem is that there is nothing to attach to that port.  

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 50
(1,684 Views)

@sahurley wrote:

Yes, I know that.  The problem is that there is nothing to attach to that port.  

Wow you need to go here http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3702/en/ and follow through the tutorial.

Then think about your application and come back to ask questions.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 50
(1,672 Views)

Wow, none of these responses have been helpful.

Message 17 of 50
(1,663 Views)

@sahurley wrote:

Wow, none of these responses have been helpful.

Really? I just directed you to the answer, but yeah I guess my way means you might have to learn something instead of being spoon fed an answer.

Since you seem to lazy to look it up, you need to open the proper VISA resource your instrument is on and pass that VISA reference through all the VI's that need to comunicate with the instrument.

Get that tutorial to work, then come back and ask questions.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 50
(1,660 Views)

I was more referring to the tone of the responses.  People come to the forums because to be helped because they are either new to the software or stuck, not to be attacked.  I've only used a DAQ before so I'm not up on the VISA application and was just asking a simple question.

Message 19 of 50
(1,646 Views)

@sahurley wrote:

I was more referring to the tone of the responses.  People come to the forums because to be helped because they are either new to the software or stuck, not to be attacked.  I've only used a DAQ before so I'm not up on the VISA application and was just asking a simple question.

Well you have to remember the people here are doing this on the side as we all have day jobs. So most of us really do not have the time to teach LabVIEW through forum posts. We expect that people have at least read through the free LabVIEW tutorials and have a working knowledge of the instruments they are using.

99.9999999% of instruments connected through GPIB, USB, Serial, Ethernet, etc. use VISA to communicate, and have LabVIEW drivers that contain the majority of VI's you will need to use that instrument.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 50
(1,640 Views)