LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature has stabilized after determinate time?

Hi aaswil,

@aaswil wrote:

Where did you put the chart?

It's the item with the label "no label!". In your VI you deleted the label of that chart/graph, which is a no-go in my opinion…

@aaswil wrote:

Can you post your labview code?

I uploaded a snippet (read up that term in the LabVIEW help).

But I have/had problems when downloading the snippet as documented here. When you have the same problem please add a message in that thread

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(1,083 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Please embed images. Saves us a download, open and delete.

You might find this useful:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Community/Firefox-addon-for-displaying-attached-images/m-p/4...

(1,080 Views)

@tst wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Please embed images. Saves us a download, open and delete.

You might find this useful:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Community/Firefox-addon-for-displaying-attached-images/m-p/4...

Thanks. I'd try it if I used Firefox

I think I'll post it as an idea in the forum feedback forum. [EDIT I Bumped that post.] This should be standard.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(1,075 Views)

Hi aaswil,

@aaswil wrote:

Can u help me?

I had a look on that new VI:

• The DAQAssistent is set to acquire 8 signals. The SplitSignal ExpressVI is set to split into 7 signals, but then you only use 6 of them. What's the reason for that decision?
  • Now there is a string indicator with a missing label…
  • Why is there an additional wire at the FromDDT function for "Temp Mancal LA"/"LA" indidcator?
  • Why did you use a non-empty array constant to initialize the shift register holding the timestamp array?
  • The same applies for the array costant/shift register holding the measurement data…
  • Why do you want to build a 2D array from that 2-element array in the shift register and the 6-element array build from your measurement data?
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(1,053 Views)

Hi GerdW

• The DAQAssistent is set to acquire 8 signals. The SplitSignal ExpressVI is set to split into 7 signals, but then you only use 6 of them. What's the reason for that decision? fixed
  • Now there is a string indicator with a missing label… fixed
  • Why is there an additional wire at the FromDDT function for "Temp Mancal LA"/"LA" indidcator? fixed
  • Why did you use a non-empty array constant to initialize the shift register holding the timestamp array? fixed
  • The same applies for the array costant/shift register holding the measurement data… I thought I did as per your check1.png
  • Why do you want to build a 2D array from that 2-element array in the shift register and the 6-element array build from your measurement data? fixed

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(1,034 Views)

Can you post the the code you made? 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(1,042 Views)

Hi aaswil,

@aaswil wrote:
  • Why did you use a non-empty array constant to initialize the shift register holding the timestamp array? fixed
  • The same applies for the array costant/shift register holding the measurement data… I thought I did as per your check1.png

Both are not fixed: the array constants used to initialize the shift registers still contain data/elements!

I cannot attach any code, I deleted the VIs after posting…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(1,033 Views)

HI GerdW,

Here is my code, feel free to edit as necessary, and please post back.
Thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(1,026 Views)

Hi aaswil,

it's getting better… 🙂

See this:

• Your DAQAssistent is set to read 200 samples at a samplerate of 200S/s: this will need exactly 1s. Why do you need an additional wait of 100ms in your loop?
  • Why did you place that 100ms wait twice in your VI?
  • Do you really want to read "finite samples" - or do you intend to use "continuous samples" in the DAQAssistent? Using a loop suggest you want to read samples continuously…
  • Do you really need to read Pt100 sensors this fast? Does your DAQ device even support such sample rates? (Which hardware do you use?)
  • No need for case structure, where only one case is called. No need for duplicate GetDateTime nodes in the loop…
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(1,023 Views)

Hi GerdW, 

I'm amazed at how clean your codes are.

• Your DAQAssistent is set to read 200 samples at a samplerate of 200S/s: this will need exactly 1s. Why do you need an additional wait of 100ms in your loop? Fixed
  • Why did you place that 100ms wait twice in your VI? Fixed
  • Do you really want to read "finite samples" - or do you intend to use "continuous samples" in the DAQAssistent? Using a loop suggest you want to read samples continuously… Continuously
  • Do you really need to read Pt100 sensors this fast? Does your DAQ device even support such sample rates? (Which hardware do you use?) Daq 9216
  • No need for case structure, where only one case is called. No need for duplicate GetDateTime nodes in the loop… Ok thanks, The initial idea was that if the user wanted the measurement time to be shown after starting the measurements

I still don't understand how the DAQ 9216 data will be represented graphically.

Best regards,
Message 20 of 29
(1,015 Views)