LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String array row to string array column

Solved!
Go to solution

Perhaps it is getting late... However, I can not seem to figure out how to convert my column string to a row string.  Having said that, I have read the other articles posted and none of them are solutions to my problem.  Please view the jpgs to see what I mean.

So, on the front panel, I have a "row" string control.  However, when I save it to my .dot file (word template), It spits out a column of data.  Since this column contains my column headers, I need them to display as a row.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to "force" this to show in the template as a row instead of a column?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(9,470 Views)

You can use the Transpose 2D Array function to turn rows into columns and columns into rows.

A B C                   A 1

1 2 3  becomes   B  2

C 3

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 2 of 5
(9,442 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I have a 1D array and the 2D array function will not link to the 1D array.  Please see the result jpg for the array contents relative to the front panel display jpg.

David 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(9,437 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dwfox1977

Nevermind the help.  I have found a solution to the problem. 

So that everyone knows... If you want to change the deminsions of a string array just use the "reshape array" function in the tool palete.  The deminsion size is the number of rows and the bottom one is the number of columns.  Just wire it up and go!

-------------- to

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

and vise-versa.

David

Message 4 of 5
(9,404 Views)

Thank you David!, I was looking for something like this too.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,854 Views)