LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Machine for Brew System

I am attempting to develop an automated system for brewing beer. When I add a timer circuit the timer will run, but it stops the daq from receiving the input signal from the thermistors. Anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,144 Views)

You will soon be asked to post a code and preferably of a version that most can access, say 2018.

EDIT: Not a picture/ snapshot. But an actual VI. I do not think your question is detailed enough to be answered in a helpful manner.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,135 Views)

You mention "state machine" in the subject, but we cannot even guess what the problem might be. What is a "timer circuit"?

Please attach your vi to hopefully make things a bit clearer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,059 Views)

I am building an automated system for brewing beer. I have 5 outputs (2 pumps, 2 valves, and a heating element) and two inputs (thermocouples). 

I want to write a program that will operate like a state machine. I want it to get to a certain temp then hold it there for a set amount of time, then change temp and hold it for a new set time. The issue is when I add the elapsed time function it stops the thermocouples from receiving input signals.  I will post my code below. Thanks in advanced for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,066 Views)

You have defined your states wrong.  Essentially you stuck a wait for Time inside a state rather than defining your states as Start Process, Check if Process is completed.

I wrote this analogy  some time ago to help illustrate how to define states and stare transitions.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,053 Views)

I just want the input signals to run as well as the timer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,045 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,012 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,010 Views)