cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source distribution - unit test dependency problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I developed and API and I want to make source distribution, however my build failes (error message is bellow) due to the error regrading the Unit Test Framework that I use to test my code. All Unit Tests are in the same folder called "UnitTests", that is part of a class. If I remove UnitTests folder from the class, source distribution is created as expected. I try to put the UnitTests folder to always excluded, but it doesn't help.

I use LV 2012.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Andrej

Error message:

LabVIEW cannot find a file that is a dependency of a Startup, Exported, or Always Included VI.

File Not Found: The file at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\utf\dialogs\utf_defocus_trees.vi' was expected to have the qualified name 'NI_UnitTestFramework.lvlib:utf_defocus_trees.vi', but has the qualified name 'utf_defocus_trees.vi'.

The missing file might be referenced by one of the libraries included in the build or by the file - CircularBuffer.lvlib. To fix this issue:

- Open all Startup, Exported, or Always Included VIs, recompile them (CTRL+SHIFT Click the Run arrow) and save them to update their dependencies.
- Open all libraries included in the build and verify the existence and locations of referenced files. Also, try building with the additional exclusion option, "Remove unused members of project libraries", checked.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,010 Views)

Can someone from NI please look into this. It is really annoying to remove unit tests from project every time you are building.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,954 Views)

Hey,

I don't think it's a bug. Can you post a project where it results in the error?

Can you use the Unit Test Framework VIs other than in an application? (i.e. without building an application from your project)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,949 Views)

Example project is attached.

If I use Unit Test VIs from another project, then I cannot test private VIs (which is not acceptable).

For now I just remove all folders that contains unit test VIs from the project and then I build the application.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,934 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andrej

Attached is a fixed version of utf_defocus_trees.vi.  Put it in your <NI DIR>\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\utf\dialogs directory.

In addition, you might want to load/resave utf_test_properties_sub.vi to get rid of the dirty dot.  This VI is located at:  <NI DIR>\LabVIEW 2012\resource\framework\providers\utf.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,899 Views)

Thanks reidl! Will this be fixed in the next patch/SP?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,896 Views)

You're welcome!  This will not make the cut-off for SP1, so unfortunately it will have to wait until the next official release of UTF (2013).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,893 Views)