cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Boolean Text with proberty nodes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to create a VI that displays status on boolean indicators as texts and color display. I'm using property nodes to do this but it's not working as it should. When I run the VI, a couple of the boolean indicators end up displaying the wrong text even though the correct text was wired to property node. See attached screenshot and code.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,895 Views)

How should it work?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,872 Views)

Hi SolPS,

Please see this knowledgebase: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/79BB76A653912B7D862569AB00619F87

It's old, but still applies to modern versions of LV.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,861 Views)

Why have you chosen to over-complicate your life?

You can just create your cluster once with False/True Boolean text, red for false, green for true. Then just convert your boolean array to a 9 boolean elements cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,858 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SolPS

I found some of your labels have a space on either side of your text.  Since that does not match, you will run the "Default" case.

By the way, you should make a seperate default case to help you in this kind of error tracking.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 9
(3,850 Views)

Check your control labels.

SERVO POWER FAILURE has a trailing space.

WOBBLE DISABLED has a trailing space.

SYSTEM NOT OK has a leading space.

X-POSITION FAULT has a trailing space.

All of these trigger the default case in the case structure. It looks like Servo Power Failure is working how you want it, but that's just because the default case happens to be the same as the Servo Power Failure Case. I recommend having your default case show a dialog popup with something like "Control label not found".

Edit: Darn, too late!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,839 Views)

Hi gregoryj,

How can you determine that there are trailing and leading spaces before editing the controls?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,828 Views)

You can create an indicator and right click "display slash codes" like crossrulz did. I just clicked around on the ones that had "servo power" in the text and looked for the typos Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,822 Views)

... or you could just feed it through trim whitepsace before wiring to the case structure. I would also set the case structure to "case insensitive match".

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,782 Views)