LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview crashes when saving or running, affects multiple VI's

I am new to Labview and had just about finished my first VI when the program stopped allowing me to make certain changes. Then it began crashing upon save attempts and run attempts.

I tried copy pasting it into a new VI. even one piece at a time such as a single "and" function and it still crashes. I have tried re-writing the code with out copy pasting and that also crashes.

Some other VI's work fine but not all of them. 

I did a reinstall/repair and it did not help.

I am running LabView 10.0

The computer isn't connected to the internet so it can't be a virus.

I was able to move the program to a flash drive but it behaves the same on every computer I have tried.

Please help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,676 Views)

I was able to load a run the code with 2014. What exactly is the problem you are seeing? My gut tells me that the code may be doing something perfectly reasonable that you are interpretting as a crash. 

By the way there are a lot of structural problems in the code. It is possible that there is an issue in one of the express VIs. Also you need to get rid of the sequence structure and use error clusters or other data dependencies to establish execution order.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,628 Views)

Mike, 

The program just shuts down. I hit Save and it just goes away. Sometimes a message saying somthing along the line of " somthing went wrong anything you are currenty working on may be lost." I was in the process of deleting the case structure that has the flate sequance in it when every thing stopped working. I am working through the online courses in my spare time but am trying to learn on the fly at work for the most part.  So, any advice on the program will be helpful. It's defintaly not doing what it is supposed to though. I am currently reinstalling Labview, the good ol' turn it off and turn it back on method.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,616 Views)

un-install/re-install was not a success. I really have no idea what the deal is. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,594 Views)
This happens every time you save? Try back saving to a previous version. I have seen that process pickup problems.

If there is a broken wire, can you save? A broken wire keeps the compiler from running prior to the save.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,579 Views)
Thanks again and I tried both of those suggestions, neither worked.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,540 Views)
And yes every single save attempt
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,537 Views)

I have not found a solution but have discovered that if I have the Vi that started this whole thing open and try to work on abother VI it effects it in the same menner. As in I can not save or make large changes to other Vi's while the particular VI is open. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,486 Views)

Hi hutaylor,

I have a few things I want to verify with you. When you say crashing, is it giving you the option to send a crash report to National Instruments? If so can you send the crash report and reply with the crash ID?  

Furthermore, I am trying to duplicate your set up to see if I get the same response.

Can you tell me what version of DAQmx you are using and what DAQ cards you are working with? Also can you communicate with these devices just in MAX to take LabVIEW out of the Equation?

A Johnson
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,456 Views)

The computer with the issue does not have internet, I m trying to figure out how to get a ethernet cord to it now. It does have an error messge and asks to send error report and I will do that once I get internet to the machine. 

I am running DAQmx 9.5.5 and I have NI USB-6211, NI cDAQ 9171 

NI Max says the following: KnowlegeBase Article 5F8IA72I: Data Integrity Issue with windows XP

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,430 Views)