LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial port receive buffer overflow error

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to send a file from one folder in my computer to another folder in computer using tcpip conncections as part of me learning labview. But I am getting an error 

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Serial port receive buffer overflow.
=========================
LabVIEW: The network connection was refused by the server.

I dont know how to fix that. So Please help me. I have attached the VI here. Thanking You, 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,455 Views)

You probably want to have your Server code inside of a loop.  The client code would be the one to not have in a loop.

I would also recommend having a timeout for your TCP Listen and use a state machine.  This will allow you to cleanly stop your code instead of using the Abort.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(6,452 Views)

Thank You. The error is no longer coming, but it seems the file is not being copied properly. In the target folder it is showing a file with just 1kb and not the file I sent and i cant open this file as well. So please tell me what to do. Thanking You.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,447 Views)
Solution
Accepted by vindsan

You are just reading 1 character from the file.  With your file read, set the count to -1 to read the entire file.

Also, for the file write, there is a boolean input on the top for "Prepend String/Array Size".  Set that to FALSE or you will get some extra data at the beginning of your file that you will not want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(6,436 Views)

Thank You very much I got it. No more error and I am able to copy. Thanks a lot. Next step is try and copy to another computer. I will ask doubts when I have problem with that. Thanks a lot for your help on this one.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,424 Views)