LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report generation error

Solved!
Go to solution

i am using report generation Toolkit to generate report in XPS format.its working fine with one pc.when i am running same VI on different PC  with Labview Run Time Engine.Its Throwing attached error.please  help me out to solve with this error. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Risuraj

Googling that error number tells me that the problem might be related to the use of the System Config libraries (and not the RGT).

Can you share the code that is causing the error?

"An unidentified location" doesn't really help with identifying the problem.

I would start by checking that the System Configuration library/package is installed on the target you're running it on (the "different PC" with the Runtime engine). I believe it has a separate runtime package - Download system-configuration (and select Runtime rather than Full, if desired).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,776 Views)

Download system-configuration (and select Runtime rather than Full, if desired).

I tried with this package still i am getting same error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,745 Views)

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Using-Kingsoft-With-Report-Generation-Toolkit/td-p/3217347

Here somebody discussed with same issue.In my case i am also using Report generation Toolkit with MS office in one pc and in other PC i am using KIngsoft.i am getting the error with KingSoft.So please letme know what is the exact reason.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,535 Views)
Solution

I have no experience with Kingsoft, but I'd say the guidance given in that thread looks pretty good. In particular, RolfK's posts about the specific organisation of the ActiveX objects might help you.

He lists a specific VI that you might be able to change in order to get the behaviour you want.

"vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Word\new report subVI.vi" and "vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Excel\new report subVI.vi"

see post #4 in that thread you linked.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,516 Views)

i already tried with mentioned VI.but for me its very difficult to change that sub VI.so i am thinking i will proceed with the Ms office.so please tell me exact .dll used for MS office in labview for Report generation.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,476 Views)
Solution

@Risuraj wrote:

i already tried with mentioned VI.but for me its very difficult to change that sub VI.so i am thinking i will proceed with the Ms office.so please tell me exact .dll used for MS office in labview for Report generation.

Hmm... I'm not sure how to best answer that.

The Word and Excel VIs in the Report Generation Toolkit use an ActiveX reference each, to "Excel._Application" and "Word._Application" respectively.

Whether these are the correct names for the ActiveX components, I'm not completely sure.

Why do you want to know this? It seems likely that you will need an installed, licenced copy of Word (or Excel) to use the RGT with Word (or Excel) - LabVIEW checks for this in "Create Report.vi" via "ex_RGT_TestLicence.vi". That subVI is protected by a password, so you can't see what it does internally. Based on the execution time and the name, I'd guess it's checking my computer for a valid Office licence.

If you install Office (Word or Excel) then those VIs (RGT) will work nicely. Without it installed, I suspect you won't have much luck just copying some individual files from another computer - and even if you could make it work, I'm fairly sure it would be illegal... As a result, I'm not sure why it matters which DLL is used 😕

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,471 Views)

I'm not sure why it matters which DLL is used.

when .exe file with labview run time engine execute on different PC its needed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,465 Views)

I would imagine (although I haven't tried this) that what you need is Office to be installed on the different PC (or Word, or Excel, or whatever you use for your report using the RGT).

I understand that typically when we create executables, (and then perhaps installers) we'd like to bundle everything together (e.g. exe file, driver installers, perhaps the run-time engine installer, various DLLs that might be used by the code) but I think based on the way the ActiveX code is found, it needs to be "globally" installed on the computer.

There's an interesting post here in which the OP (and solution giver) mentions a "Microsoft Excel Object Library" - probably this contains the _Application reference you need.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,455 Views)