LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time analog waveform output

Hi, I am building a labview program that, given a digital input trigger, starts a program that loops and outputs an analog waveform. Attached is the current version of my program (from LabView 8.5.. it's what I have). Everything seems to work except that I don't quite know how to properly set up the output waveform. I found a "sine waveform type", but I don't know how to change, say, it's sampling rate, frequency, amplitude, phase, etc. I would ideally like to set the waveform to 25 Hz, -10 to +10 volts, with a total time of 20 seconds and a sampling rate of 1 ms and then output that to the proper channel. I tried using the "set waveform" function but that didn't like getting the "sine type" waveform as input. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Also I realize my program is likely not the most elegant of solutions to my problem, since I am very very new to LabView, so any other additional tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help. I have also attached a screenshot of my block diagram incase people can't open the old version.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,602 Views)

Do you have DAQmx installed? All of your VIs are showing as missing?!

Take a look at the Voltage - HW-Timed Single Point Output example in the LabVIEW example finder.

I believe it does almost exactly what you have described - allows you to set up a digital input trigger and then output a sine wave of a specified amplitude/frequency.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,570 Views)