LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak Detector for ECG

You have us all thoroughly confused about what you have actually tried and what is or is not working for you.  Please post your VI along with data and tell us what does not work as you expect it to.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 40
(1,428 Views)

okay the problem is at amplitue.png the max amplitude and max value you ask me to add in i did but it did not work out. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 40
(1,406 Views)

run play and put in this too 

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 40
(1,403 Views)
as i know there is no method for finding appropriate peaks without using some threshold. but you can make this threshold automatically. for example you can find peaks and just select peaks that are more than 30% of max peak
but I think you do not want find the peaks !
indeed you want find the pattern and inside these patterns you want to find a peak
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 40
(1,368 Views)

so how can i set the thresh hold ? manually type in or can i make it as permanent 

If is able to make it permanent to read 30% of the max of any file of ECG i would willing to learn that too 

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 40
(1,352 Views)

Automatically analyzing ECG waveforms is very difficult in general. The is because of the wide variation in signal amplitudes, noise, motion artifact, ectopic beats, and other factors.  Your ECG.tdms signal contains what appears to be a signficant respiration artifact with a period of about 4 seconds.  That narrows the range of possible thresholds by about 50%.  But an experienced user can easily select a threshold of about 0.8 simply by looking at the graph.  The human eye-brain combination is very good at pattern analysis.

The noise at the peaks of the signals (before the denoising) forces readjustment of the width parameter. I do not heve the wavelet denoising VI. So I am working only with the raw data. I could only get it to work with width = 9. Any other value resulted in missed or extra peaks.  A different set of data might require another value.  This is much harder to evaluate, althoug, again the human operator can count the number of heartbeats fairly easily to see if the program gets it right.

I recommend manual entry of the threshold and width parameters until you have much more experience with both LabVIEW and ECG analysis.

Lynn

Message 36 of 40
(1,311 Views)

yes that what i think so too the only way was using threshold with -0.8 depend on the max amplitude of that file . thank you so much for helping me and sorry that i make a mess. 

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 40
(1,293 Views)

for my last answer 
this vi select top x% value peaks and also try to use with that is larger than noise 
I use 40 % of top peaks and it work
I hope this vi and other friend help could help you 
to find your solution 

Message 38 of 40
(1,266 Views)

yes it does . thanks hateF for helping me too 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 40
(1,245 Views)

Sir, even I am working on the same topic. Trying  to identify the peaks in ECG signal. But i am failing. Can u plz share me your code for reference sir?

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 40
(610 Views)