cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating On Individual Controls In Array Of Clusters

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

Our system has a number of VIs set up as configuration panels for TestStand steps.  Many of these VIs have a dynamically-loaded array of clusters of information.  There is no particular problem with them, but I'd like to clean up the interface a little.

I'm using LabVIEW 8.6 because of client requirements.

Specifically, for one type of step, a couple of numeric boxes are only valid for a specific array entry if a drop-down selection in the same entry has a specific value.  I'd like to hide them individually for that array entry if the selection is not set to that value.

At present, I'm using the SelStart[] and SelSize[] properties try to select a specific element and hide/show the elements.  However, it's applying the setting from the last element in the array to all the related control boxes.  See the attached image for the code snippet.

Any ideas on how to make each array element operate only on itself?

Thanks In Advance,

Geoff

--
Geoff Field, BE, CLAD, MIEAust
Professional geek, amateur stage-levelling gauge
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,995 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GeoffF

We need to start charging people each time this question is asked. By now we'd all be millionaires.

What you are seeing is by design. Elements in an array can only be different by value. Properties are applied to all elements of the array.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,969 Views)

Thanks Sir Smercurio.

For such a common question, my search criteria did not find other replies.  My search phrase was probably too specific.

For that matter, I'm not sure such a design decision was the best possible choice (from a user perspective).

Regards,

Geoff

--
Geoff Field, BE, CLAD, MIEAust
Professional geek, amateur stage-levelling gauge
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,950 Views)