LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open/Create file dialog can only create the file

Hello,

Very strange problem I got.

The system is LabView 2014, on Windows 8. All 64bits.

For long time I was happy and had no big problems with LV. However, after a few months without working on LabView, the LV got the problem.

When I'm trying to open file using the file selection dialog (for example: insert SubVI, or select data file in LV program) I cannot. I can type a new file name and the press OK in the file selection dialog and have no problems with that. But I cannot open any existing file. When I press OK in the file selection dialog nothing happens. I can open VIs, projects, but nothing inside opened VI. Files I'm trying to open are not Read-Only, and the are no "insane", as the same problem I have for LV example files.

Looks like something on the level of OS, but I'm not sure where to start to look. I have tried to reinstall LV (just remove/install without additional cleaning, if any exist). Did not help.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,629 Views)
Code? You may be telling the code to only use new files, or more likely there is an unreported error causing trouble.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,601 Views)

Shouldn't be the code. I cannot insert SubVI using open file dialog even in empty VI.

If this is THE BUG then not very clear why it was hidden before 😞

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,571 Views)
Hard to say without seeing your code.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 4 of 5
(2,545 Views)

Thanks for the help, Mike.

The problem is solved. Problem was in corrupted Windows 8 user profile. After repairing the user profile the problem is gone.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,482 Views)