LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi trace XY plots

Basically i have the same question mentioned here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-to-Excel-or-word-howto-do-multi-trace-XY-plots/m-p/487561/hi...

I do have two 2d arrays, one representing all the X-values, the other representing the Y-values. How can i plot a graph and export to Microsoft Word with the Office report generation toolkit?

arrays.jpg

In Excel its a piece of cake:

ScatterGraph.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,555 Views)

Are you wanting to plot the data in LV? Graphs have a method for exporting images of themselves.

If you are plotting in Excel, setup ranges that the excel plot expects data to be in. When you insert the data into excel, the plot will update to show them.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,551 Views)

Mike, thanks for you reply!

I want to create a graph in a MS Word report with the "office report generation toolkit", see the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,526 Views)
Yes, but where do you was to do the graphing? MS Word doesn't graph data.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,523 Views)

Generating XY-plot with multiple X-series is not possible with the Report Generation toolkit. 

The toolkit uses Microsoft Chart to generate the graph and MSChart does not offer the possibility to do that.

So, as mikeporter already told you, the easiest way you have is probably to use a template Excel sheet properly set up for your graph and use the Report Generation toolkit to fill the template with data.

Regards,

Cédric | NI Belgium
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,459 Views)