From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving average filter

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi. I want to do a moving average filter to my VI. I have done a basic FIR filter.. but i havent any clue how to do a moving average filter.
+ I want a button for play  the input wav file.. how can i make this?

This is the vi :

konv.png 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(10,884 Views)
Solution
Accepted by P3tson

My trick for a moving average is to use the FIR filter with specific coefficients.

moving average.png

As far as playing your wav file, check out the Graphics and Sound palette.  I have little experience with them, but I know there's VIs there to play your wav file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(10,877 Views)

Thanks for the filter!!!

Ok i have found how to play the wav file, but this play it immediately! I want a button and when i push it then schould play the input wav.. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(10,873 Views)

You need to put your Play waveform inside an event structure.  The VI will wait at the event structure until something happens such as the Value change of a boolean Play button you put on the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(10,864 Views)

Thanks! It works! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(10,838 Views)