LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion Controller Envelope-Breach Logic

I am working on a program and need some assistance working out one particular function:

I have a near-complete motion controller program, where 4 axes are being controlled/monitored and an 'envelope' where the object can move anywhere inside of it. If the object moves outside of the envelope/safe zone (mostly handled by Point in Polygon.vi) it will signal a breach and halt movement on all axes.

The function that I need assistance with is that once the "Outside of Safe Zone" Boolean has been triggered, the axes receive the 'abort movement' signal continuously and cannot be moved away from the envelope [which also causes one warning message per loop].

The function can be simplified to: True signal (Envelope breach) > Display Message to User > [Assistance needed here] Turn the continuously true signal into a false one, regardless of the sources value, allowing the user to move the object back into the safe zone.

Any assistance or input is appreciated.

[Unfortunately, due to the nature of this project, I cannot share the VI. I may be able to mockup a representation if needed]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(357 Views)

Hi Space,

@SpacePlasma wrote:

The function that I need assistance with is that once the "Outside of Safe Zone" Boolean has been triggered, the axes receive the 'abort movement' signal continuously and cannot be moved away from the envelope [which also causes one warning message per loop].

Any assistance or input is appreciated.

Hint: maybe you should react on a rising edge of your "out of safe zone" boolean!?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(347 Views)

Echoing GerdW, you can use the "Boolean Crossing PtByPt.vi" for reacting on a rising boolean edge.  It's very useful!

RIObotics_0-1704595053828.png

BR

John

Add motion to LabVIEW in 30min or less - TENET EMotion
Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(252 Views)