LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixed signal graph - Group update?

Are there any ways to programatically update the 'Group' name on a mixed signal graph?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,738 Views)
Hello,

There is no way to programmatically update the "Group" name on a mixed signal graph.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,726 Views)
Im glad someone brought that up.  It really is unfortunate that the legend isn't more customizable.  The Mixed Signal Graph's tree is exactly the kind of interface im trying to implement myself.  The most important aspect is the plot-style controls in the tree.  Otherwise it looks like I have to implement all of that myself.

I've tried many things to try to get a Tree refnum out of the silly Mixed Signal Graph control, but it just won't budge. I tried replacing graph's tree control with an XControl, but it doesn't seem to allow anything besides a System or Modern style tree.

How does it decide what kind of control is allowable though?  Perhaps an XControl that meets its requirements would work?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,720 Views)

Hi jbutera,

An XControl is just a VI that uses LabVIEW controls and their associated properties and methods.  If the tree control of the Mixed Signal Graph only has the properties of System and Modern style, there are not additional properties or methods of that control that you will be able to access when you create an XControl for it.  If you would like to make a suggestion regarding the Mixed Signal Graph, I would urge you to submit it at our Product Suggestion Center.  R&D reviews all product suggestions made, and it is through these suggestions and feedback that we are able to continually improve LabVIEW and make it an even better product.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Best of luck on your application, and have a wonderful weekend!!

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,701 Views)