From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab Integration

Hi,
I am trying to write a VI that is able to imitate a simple model I have
built in Simulink (Matlab). The model basically continuously takes in the
left and right tacho speeds of a robot and converts them into X-Y position
to plot on a graph. I have managed to re-create the model in labview, it
runs in a while loop and stores the X-Y position history in two arrays which
are dumped to an X-Y graph when the loop finishes. I am having great
difficulties however in replicating the 1/S integrator function that
Simulink uses. Does anyone know how Matlab integrates using this function -
what method it uses and over what range etc. Has anyone tried to replicate
the 1/S function in labview before - is it possible. I have tried using
the
Numerical Integration VI and find that it integrates correctly for the first
few iterations of the while loop but after a while the outputs drift from
what they should be - as indicated by the results obtained in the Simulink
simulation. I would be grateful if anyone could shed any light on this
problem.

Regards,
Martin.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,564 Views)
In creating an Integrator function you may wish to consider looking into the function of a 'Backward Integrator'.

I assume that you wish to continously integrate information to move from say Acceleration to Velocity. In which case a backward integrator would I think suffice.

I believe that a 1/s function can be transformed via a laplace transform of the function i.e z-1 which is a delay of one sample in the time domain. (You will find some interesting effects if you implement this function as a pure entity).

I encourage you to research the topic area. I provide a sample which I think will give you the desired functionality if you are not interested in understanding of the subject. Although I suspect you will discover that more than just an integrator is required.

Y
our control problem may of course lay elsewhere. i.e you don't mention sample rates / techniques resolutions or iteration rates etc. Nor do you mention if you are going for double integration.

Steve
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,564 Views)
Hi Martin,
I'm having the same problem about models built in Simulink. But about your problem I've two solutions.
1)There a toolkit called BridgeVIEW (Control and Simulation Software for G). There you can find the GSim Integrator. I've made a subVI which works like 1/S integrator function that Simulink uses.
2) you can use a CIN....I mean you have to write a C file so that you can have the integrator choosing the numeric method,i.e Runge-Kutta, Euler etc..

Regards,
Stefano

P.s:if you want to contact me, my email is iacos@worldonline.it
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,564 Views)