LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Linux) Window Appearance when code is running

Currently finalizing my software program under LV 8.6.1 / linux OpenSuse 11.0 distribution, I've got an issue with window appearance.

Even if the window is set to look like an exe (see enclosed picture), when runnning the window is not maximized. I must click title bar's enlarge icon to see the window on full screen. I tried several other settings but it results in the same behavior.

Someone's got an idea to fix this ? 

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,193 Views)

For maintainability and transparency, I usually leave these settings at their defaults and use VI server to set what I want during initialization of the VI.  Use the VI method FP.Run-Time Position.Maximized.

This also allows you to easily change things during development to make your life easier.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,165 Views)

zyl7 wrote: Even if the window is set to look like an exe (see enclosed picture), when runnning the window is not maximized.

Someone's got an idea to fix this ? 

That pane does not set the run-time position or size state. The "maximized" state is set in the VI Properties -> Window Run-Time Position -> Position.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,157 Views)

@DFGray/@smercurio

Thanks a lot for your answers but Ithe trick and it doesn't have any effect. I usually use this FP method on WinXP with success but it seems that it has no effect on Linux dev...

I should have told you that this behavior only happen when running the code as an executable... When running as source code, I have no issues with front panel resizing...

The FP that you can see in the enclosed picture is launched by a "top level" VI using  VI server, and it's front panel is set to maximized using DFGray solution. The "top level" VI doesn't have any issue w/front panel resizing, but all VI launched using this "top level" are resized...

Any idea ? 

Message Edité par zyl7 le 12-09-2009 03:18 AM
CLA, CTA, LV Champion
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,129 Views)

Bringing up an old thread here.

I'm having problem maximizing a window in Linux. If i set the Window Run-Time Position attribute to 'Maximized' it doesn't work. I get a similar result as zyl7. I've tried in both 8.6 and 2010 with the same lack of success. Even using the FP.State property node doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone found out any work-around, or am I missing something?

//Martin

CLA
www.dvel.se
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,794 Views)

Hello Martin,

I've never found a real solution to this problem ! I have saved my window at edit time being maximed (manually with mouse, not using the maxime icon (square)) and built my exe like this and it worked...

LV's magic !

I guess it won't help a lot, but you can still try this solution...

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,782 Views)

Hi zyl7!

Thanks for your reply!

Setting the window size appropriately works, but the user will still be able to move the window aroung, provided that the title bar is visible. I would like to avoid this. Surely there must be a way of 'properly' maximize a front panel in Linux? Anyone?

//Martin

CLA
www.dvel.se
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,773 Views)