LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview with PicoScope 5000

Good to know. Thanks! ...if the person uses GitHub.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(197 Views)

@*3d0g wrote:

Good to know. Thanks! ...if the person uses GitHub.

They obviously use a web browser. Otherwise they couldn’t even have posted here on the forums. Github is perfectly accessible with a web browser and you can download code from public repositories without even needing an account!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(179 Views)

Did you find that their wrappers worked out of the box?  Or did you need to do some tweaks or rewrites?

I don't know anything about their wrappers is why I ask.

Any tips?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(168 Views)

Rolfk: Do you see it as a safe download?  It is quite common; I will give you that.

Also, I ask you the same question.  Do you have any advice with respect to the PicoScope wrappers?  Have you ever done any streaming with them?

Often it is accepted that if software comes from the OEM that it works. I don't accept that.  Trust but verify.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(165 Views)

I can't believe I left this tip out.

Before you do anything, and after you've verified your PicoScope is installed correctly, close their PicoScope software, and then make a simple vi to open and close your PicoScope, using the appropriate API functions and CLFNs.

Why?  It verifies you can communicate with the dll and you'll have a known-good starting point from which to build your software.  When something breaks, and it will, you'll always have that known good simple vi to show you the way back from la-la land.  All the vi will do is open and close, returning picostatus from each function. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(138 Views)