Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 36
(2,556 Views)

Was able to run labview 7.1    Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 36
(2,407 Views)

I have Labview 7.1 installed and running in windows 7 64 bit. But the Database examples were broken I am looking still for a fix.

(Edi)
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 36
(2,254 Views)

Please review related issue regarding running older LabView versions on Windows 7 but with the addition of Ni-DAQ hardware, here.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 36
(2,182 Views)

As mentioned previously in this thread, LabVIEW 7.1 is not compatible with Windows 7.  The earliest compatible version would be LabVIEW 2009 SP1, so if you have that version I would definitely recommend using it.  As far as the Database Connectivity Toolkit goes, it is not supported in the 64-bit version of LabVIEW.  However, it will run if using 32-bit LabVIEW on a 64-bit operating system.  Please see the links below for more information.

Windows Version Compatibility: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CB

Product Compatibility for Windows 7: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10383/en/

Myriam 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 36
(2,132 Views)

I started this thread some time ago and have learned a number of things since.  It is not worth holding on to legacy software and hardware in most cases.  

1. Converting code from 7.1 to 2009 and later is generally failrly straight forward and doesn't present much of a barrier.  
  2. Modern NI hardware is usually highly compatible with old hardware if the DAQmx drivers for the old hardware is not available (and often it is).  
  3. The cost of multiple LabVIEW licenses is pretty much moot, as the compilation of code into executables and the ability to remotely debug executables as if they were running in LabIVEW makes the inconvenience of executables fairly small.: buy one license, and convert and compile all the old code.

If you are really stuck on 7.1 for other reasons, support for XP has just been exented by Microsoft for another year, so stick with that until you get up the gumption to move forward.  You really won't regret it!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 36
(2,124 Views)

The biggest reason to hang on to legacy software and hardware is if that code is "configured" and "released" for a production environment.  Going through all of the effort to re-qualify new hardware and software can take a lot of time and cost a lot of money.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 36
(2,101 Views)

I have many PC and until recently I haven't got much problem with installing Labview 7 into win 7 32bit.

Now probably the drivers have ben upgraded and installation is no longer possible.
I realised that LabViee itself is not problematic. Problems begin with installation of drivers (MAX).

Therefor I used third party visa librarries and it works.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 36
(1,908 Views)

@DaveDW wrote:

The biggest reason to hang on to legacy software and hardware is if that code is "configured" and "released" for a production environment.  Going through all of the effort to re-qualify new hardware and software can take a lot of time and cost a lot of money.

As does maintaining legacy code and non existant drivers, i recently spent the better part of a week to get an old system running with 7.1 which was needed since it used an old 1200 card (which also needed some hacks as i had to use Daq6) ... So 1 week of work compared to a ~600$ card and a days work to upgrade, which is better?

Both needed the same verification as it was due to a XP->W7 migration.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 36
(1,898 Views)

@DaveDW wrote:

And then one of the production testers goes down because a legacy piece of hardware died and you have no more spares and all the replacements for that equipment only supoort the last two Windows versions.  Now production is down by let's say 25% for weeks because one of the four testers is down and being used for development and qualification that you could've done offline and at your leisure.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 36
(1,883 Views)