LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW unexpected file type

Hi All,

I installed LV2014 about a month ago and in that time I have got "LabVIEW: Unexpected file type" error about 15-20 times now. I was using LV2012 previously and only saw this error about a couple of times in 2 years, but in LV2014 I almost see this error everyday. I am using P4V as my source code control.

Is anyone of you also getting this error regularly?

Ritesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,923 Views)

Ritesh,

to what file types are you referring? Does it affect VIs as well as controls? Are you sure that the files have correct extensions (.vi, .ctl, .vit, lvlib, lvclass, ...) or is it something like .vi_, .ctl_, ...?

Another option could be file corruption. Do you try to use file diff tools? Merging?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,911 Views)

Hi Norbert,

I am only having problems with VIs. All other files are OK(project, controls, etc).

No, I am not using any merging or diff tools. I am confused as to why this problem is only occuring on my system? All my peers are using the same LV version and have same hardware but they don't seem to be having this issue at all.

Should I re-install my copy of LV2014?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,907 Views)

Can you check if this also happens with VI files which "separate compiled code from source file"? You can set the option in the VI, save it, push it into SCC and the pull from a different client.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,902 Views)

I'd recommend a LabVIEW repair but maybe there is a simple solution.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,896 Views)

I'll try that and let you know if this works or not. But we never "separate compiled code from source file", so even if this solution works, I am afraid I won't be able to use it.

So should I repair/re-install LV or are there any other things which I can try to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,883 Views)

@LVCoder wrote:

[..] But we never "separate compiled code from source file", so even if this solution works, I am afraid I won't be able to use it.

Why is that? This is a property of a VI. So you can create a simple tool to change this setting for existing VIs. You can set an option in LV which will automatically set this option for each new VI you create.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,845 Views)