LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV text rendering, MBCS, OS, Unicode

I'm pretty sure there are people using CP1251 out there. Either they gave up, or they solved this problem. Would be nice to get some insight from them.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(670 Views)

@pawhan11 wrote:

Smiley Happy

Would be easier to drop LV and do pure c#  Smiley Happy

Not for me. 😛

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(669 Views)

I have tried other things but no luck.

Maybe this is related to LV installation?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(657 Views)

Hi pawhan11,

I tried different way to do a unicode conversion for UTF16 which works fine till U8, Finally i went with Excel  VB macro function and embedded in LabVIEW to RUN Macro and read back Unichar Values from excel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 14 of 16
(651 Views)

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately installing excel on all possible machines is not an option only to provide translation.

I no longer work on this project but it would be nice to find solution, or logical explanation why this does not work. i will give it another try with clean os and clean LV on other pc.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(618 Views)

Excel has a exact function for Unicode Conversion, whereas LabVIEW is not supporting even when Unicode= True is given in LabVIEW.ini.

LabVIEW Works fine if your Unicode is U8.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(614 Views)