LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV Driver Import Wizard generates wrong 64bit call

Hello all,

I am testing some IVI-C instrument drivers (actually wrappers to IVI-COM) for use with LabVIEW 2011 64bit edition. I am using the add-on tool "LabVIEW Instrument Driver Import Wizard 2.0".

I have two issues;

(1)After specifying an .fp file of the IVI-C driver, the wizard recognizes the Driver Group as "VXIpnp Driver" rather than "IVI Generic" or "IVI DC Power Supply" (when the driver is IviDcPwr class). So I have to manually select an appropriate Driver Group (or IVI class) .This behaviour is found on both 32bit and 64bit IVI drivers that are created with Nimbus. When trying to import a driver, which I had created by hands (using VC++ ATL), there was no problem, so I think it is likely a Nimbus's problem though. What I want to know is what part of IVI driver registration is being referenced by the Wizard -- System Registry or IVI Driver Class or IVI Configuration Store.

(2)When importing an .fp file of 64bit IVI-C driver, the wizard says the "Shared Library or DLL" part as "<prefix>_64.*" as default. But if continuing with condition, the generated LV wrappers have <prefix>_32.dll for their call-library codes, rather than <prefix>_64.dll.  Changing <prefix>_64.* to <prefix>_64.dll before starting to import will not have the problem. This symptom appears when importing 64bit IVI-C driver only, but appears with any 64bit drivers from any driver venders. I think it is appraently a problem on the Wizard 2.0. Is there a work around other than specifying exact DLL name?

Thanks and best regards,

Makoto / KIKUSUI ELECTRONICS, CORP.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,230 Views)