LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV 2014: Actor Framework Stop Core.vi becomes corrupted

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I've been trying to determine the cause of an issue I have been having where the Actor Framework Stop Core.vi becomes corrupted. The error message is in the attached image (actor_stop_error.png) as is a picture of the Stop Core VI. I say "corrupted" because not only does this message appear in my current project, but it also propagates to ALL of my previous actor framework projects and any new projects. Even projects created from the Actor Framework Template are now corrupted (see af_new_project.png). 

I'm not sure if this is a cause, but it seems to happen when more than one AF project is open at a time. At this moment, the only way to correct the problem is to completely uninstall and re-install LabVIEW. A repair installation will not work.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,178 Views)

Bump. Still have this issue. I've found a work-around where I save off the ActorFramework library after a fresh installation. When the AF library becomes corrupted, over-writing the library with the back up I made fixes the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,128 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author seanohue
Does it look similar to this? https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/26650?start=0&tstart=0

In general I would suggest that you post on the AF community page, it'll get a lot more visibility from the AF community (the linked thread is on that group).
Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
Message 3 of 4
(3,120 Views)

Yes! That is it. Exact same symptoms and possible caused I've described. I will go over there and link to this thread. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,110 Views)