LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA compile Timing violations: requirement 0.00 ns missed by 0.01 ns??

cRIO 9067, LabVIEW 2014, Xilinx tool Vivado 2013.4. Using user I/O variables in FPGA code but no modules are under scan engine. Why do I get timing violations by non diagram components, with seemingly nonsensical messages like this? Since it is not my code that needs to be shortened / pipelined, I can't do anything. Change compiler directives? I am really stumped.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,485 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,448 Views)

Hello MarkCG,

Are you certain that your project is not configured to be running in hybrid mode? I know you said that there were no modules under the scan engine but seeing as your error resembles the error in the KB lined below and that you are using a cRIO-9067, I would recommend reading through it and making sure that it does not apply to your application.

Timing Violations When Compiling Hybrid Mode Bitfile with Specific Modules Using Vivado Compilation Tools:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/EE21CD363EDE58E486257E0E0045C9A8

Regards,

j_bou

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,408 Views)
Hi, well I assume that it is still hybrid mode as there are User-IOVs that are accessed through the scan engine. I did in fact have NI CompactRIO Module Support Update 14.1.1 installed. None of the modules I have are on the KB you linked. I do have: NI 9401 NI 9474 NI 9215 NI 9214 NI 9217 The closest I see is the 9401-- may be very similar to the 9403 under the hood. Maybe this module was missed in testing the update?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,387 Views)
Ok, one more datapoint for you guys. I got it to compile this way Implementation Strategy: Optimize congestion Design Optimization Directive: Default Placement Directive: Spread logic (high) Physical Design Optimization Directive: Aggressive fan-out optimization Routing Directive: More global iterations no changes to code or project setup, just the FPGA compiler directives. I had it on "Optimize performance" when I had the nonsense error.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,373 Views)
nevermind my last reply. I don't think compile options have anything to do with it, I retried it with performance as the option. I guess it was the needed update, although I don't have modules listed as being affected by the update
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,362 Views)