LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interpolating pixels in the Intensity Graph

Hi to All,

I have an intensity graph containing quite few pixels. As a consequence it looks rather stupid. I'd like to interpolate the pixels to make the large pixel squares vanish. How could I do that?

regards,
Johanna
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(13,895 Views)
I don't think there's a possibility to interpolate directly the intensity graph.
Most probably you'll have to interpolate data, that is a 2d array, I suppose.
As far as i know, Labview has many interpolation function (analyze/mathematics/curve fitting palette) but all work on 1d array of data, not 2d array.
A simple, but DIRTY (mathematically speaking) solution is to use one of these functions to interpolate every single row, obtaining an array A, then do the same on every single column, obtaining an array B, and then calculate (A+B)/2.
I don't know if it's clear, maybe not; feel free to ask for more....

regards,
manga
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(13,884 Views)

Long ago, I posted a bilinear interpolation example that might fit your need. Try it! 🙂

Or you could upgrade to LabVIEW 8.0, it contains 2D interpolation routines directly. You even have a choice between [nearest|bilinear|bicubic|bicubic spline] 😉

Message Edited by altenbach on 10-28-2005 08:44 AM

Message 3 of 16
(13,877 Views)
Here's a simple example using the above subVI to do a bilinear interpolation of a small 2D array (LAbVIEW 7.0). 🙂

Message Edited by altenbach on 10-28-2005 12:46 PM

Download All
Message 4 of 16
(13,868 Views)

Sorta reminds me of Zan (of Farscape). Smiley Surprised

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(13,857 Views)

Hello!

Would you mind to upload the BilinearInterpolation.vi again in version 7.1? I couldn't open the subvi. Thanks a lot.

Wallace

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(10,889 Views)

@Workaholic wrote:

Would you mind to upload the BilinearInterpolation.vi again in version 7.1? I couldn't open the subvi. Thanks a lot.

What is your LabVIEW version? The subVI posted here is in LabVIEW 7.0 and you should be able to open it in any LabVIEW version 7.0 through 2011. What kind of error do you get if you try to open it.

Try once more....here is the link to the llb: bilinearDEMO.llb

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(10,885 Views)

Why its not working for my 2D arrays. Bilinear Interpolated Value is zero when i try it.

My first row for theta values

My first clomn is for disp values

Now i trying find a value for 

Disp=162250, Theta= 33 

My datas in attachments

Can you help me?

B. R.

Kerem

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(9,180 Views)

Do you correctly map values to array indices? Please show us also your code.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(9,164 Views)

Hello altenbach.

I just connect my disp. and theta values to row and column controls. You can see from attachment.

Thank you for your interest.

Kerem.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(9,143 Views)