LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ AVI Open VI freezes Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

If I run IMAQ AVI Open on the attached AVI with Vision 8.6.4 installed I get total lock up. If I run IMAQ AVI Open using the same AVI on a computer with Vision 8.6.0 installed, everything is fine.

About half our avi library now locks up my computer, the other half does not. I've tried resaving the avi videos using no compression, indeo compression, and old avi format and it doesn't make a difference. The avi files work with every media player I've got, they work fine with Vision 8.6.0, but Vision 8.6.4 goes berserk when trying to open them.

I can't revert to Vision 8.6.0 because in Vision 8.6.0 there's a nasty memory leak problem that was fixed in 8.6.4.

This represents a rather large problem for us. Anyone have any thoughts?

-root

Message Edited by Root Canal on 03-06-2009 05:50 PM

global variables make robots angry

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,760 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Root_Canal

Hello self,

So sorry you're having this horrible problem with IMAQ Vision completely locking up and all. I graciously spent some time looking at your (my) problem, and I think I found the solution. Your (my) video contains a variable bit rate audio stream. If you can resave the AVI with no audio stream, it will work fine with IMAQ AVI Open; that is to say IMAQ AVI Open won't completely freeze up Labview causing you to scream at the top of your lungs in frustration and throw your computer out of the window. Again. And you won't be driven completely insane by having to wait several days for a support engineer to admit that there is some problem and respond to your forum post, causing you to develop multiple personality disorder and start writing crazy messages to yourself in the third person. Again.

Here's a link to VirtualDub, a free General Public License AVI video processing utility that allows you to strip the audio file from an AVI file, among other things: http://www.virtualdub.org/

Hope this helps you (me)

Sincerely,

-you

Message 2 of 4
(4,720 Views)

Great job, self. That seems to work fine. Thanks for taking the time to help yourself, self.

thanks,

you know who.

Message Edited by Root Canal on 03-09-2009 01:50 PM

Message 3 of 4
(4,719 Views)
This is the best thread i have ever seen! Smiley Very Happy
Message Edited by Gabi1 on 05-03-2009 09:58 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,397 Views)