LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a propety node for .net container

Solved!
Go to solution

Try to set the initial position for a .net container, but seems no way to create a property node for the container (with an Textbox object).

It can only be done when container is empty.  I wonder why?  Do I miss something?

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,596 Views)

Hey zou,

I just created a .NET container and inserted a textbox into it. However, I had no problem at all with creating a property node for the occupied container. All I did was add a blank .NET container to the front panel. Then Iright clicked inside the container and added the textbox. Once I added the textbox I was able to create a property node on both the frontpanel and the block diagram.

As a side note I am using labVIEW 8.6, but the version shouldn't matter for this.

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,576 Views)

> Once I added the textbox I was able to create a property node on both the frontpanel and the block diagram.

Is that property node for the .net object (textbox) or for the .net container?

Thans for reply.

George

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,571 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zou

If you right click on an empty container or a container with an object in it, it has the same available choices to select. However, if you create a blank property node on the block diagram, and wire up the .net object to it, you will see a much different list of properties.

So, the property node created from right clicking a .NET container will be for that container, even if there is an object inside. To create a property node for the object, you must wire the .NET object to an empty property node on the block diagram.

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,564 Views)
I must be over looked yesterday.  The label of the property node doesn't change when container name changed.
George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,554 Views)