LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the labview default cursor?

Hello Zone users, You know the default cursor in LabVIEW is a hand, how do I change the default cursor to a point?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,589 Views)

There is a function called Set Cursor.vi.  You can find it by searching the palettes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,561 Views)

@Jack_Wu wrote:
Hello Zone users, You know the default cursor in LabVIEW is a hand, how do I change the default cursor to a point?

I assume you are talking about the cursor the users sees when running your LabVIEW program.

(If you are talking about the tool selection during LabVIEW development you should make that clear. Are you?)

The default runtime cursor has actually changed in recent versions and is no longer a hand. The default cursor is now an arrow to conform with universal gudelines. I don't think you can define a "default cursor", but as mentioned above, you can programmatically set the cursor to anything you want as the program runs, and if you set it first thing in the code, it will be the cursor during execution.

However, I strongly discourage you to deviate from the established user inteface defaults. Unless the user is doing something unusual (e.g. hovering over a picture indicator or similar), you should stick to the default cursors. It is confusing to the users if a program looks and feels very different from any other program running on the computer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,556 Views)

Responding out of frustration to an old post.

The cursor that is displayed during block diagram edit is so small that I am going blind trying to see it.

GOTALIA means LabVIEW

Message 4 of 8
(4,369 Views)

@gotalia wrote:

Responding out of frustration to an old post.

The cursor that is displayed during block diagram edit is so small that I am going blind trying to see it.

If you have trouble seeing the cursor, how can you possible see other code elements (such a scalar wires, that are single-pixel width)? I don't see how changing the cursor size alone would really improve the usability for you.

What is your OS?

Due to the economy of scale many new laptops now come with 1080p (1920x1080) LCD panels, even if the diagonal is only 14 inches. This makes everything much smaller. Maybe what you should do is lower the display resolution or use a significalty larger external monitor.

There are also accessibility tools, such as the magnifier that might help you at the native resolution setting.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,348 Views)

Yes, the laptop res is set to 1920x1080.  The problem is that the cursor is a fine line cross with a slight white surround.  Frequently, to my eyes, the cursor disappears

GOTALIA means LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,336 Views)

I have the same issue. I can't see this tiny crosshair cursor and end up spending too much time finding it....over and over and over again, every time I go to the diagram. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,223 Views)