Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide border of a string indicator

Solved!
Go to solution

@Hooovahh wrote:

@CoastalMaineBird wrote:

I've achieved the same effect by having the indicator be fully transparent, and having a color box, the same size as the text indicator, behind it.  

Set the color box to transparent (gray), or yellow, or red, and you get much faster performance. 

That's a good solution if you are blinking fast.  But if you are switching the to the UI thread once every couple of seconds to flash red to transparent I doubt it matters much.  But if you are looking for a 10hz blink, or something similar I would agree.

Yeah, that project only needed to update occasionally, and I'd do it completely differently now, but 13 years ago I was still trying for 'Oh, Shiny!' in my coding.  (I still have a problem with 'Oh Shiny!' today, but at least its with stuff that's a bit more complex. Smiley Tongue )

Jon D
Certified LabVIEW Developer.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(567 Views)

Oh that just reminded me, is everyone aware that there is actually a blinking property on the string control which will make a red background, and show then hide the text?  It's pretty limiting because you can't change the color, or rate, or anything about it, but it is useful and doesn't require changing a value, or property node periodically.  I forgot about it because I never use it, because whenever I do I want to control the rate and color.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(557 Views)