LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a Uni project

Im in the middle of a project for university. in its simplest form it is simply reading data from sensors and then controlling the movement of 2 dc motors. i'm having trouble however understanding what to do in labview. Im using version 9 with a Crio and an NI-9505 and NI-9205

My intial though was to create a new vi and target it that to the fpga.

in this VI i would use a flat sequence to intialise the motors, then measure the data multiply by various gains etc, to get my voltage out for my motors, then use this to set the duty cycle on a square wave to turn the motors

can any one offer any on this, or point me in the direction of a example which may help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,560 Views)
Hopefull the attached screen shot will give you a better idea of what im trying to achieve. I'm new to labview so any help as to what ive missed what may be wrong will be extremely appreciated.example.PNG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,531 Views)

What's the problem?  Have you implemented this code?  What's not working/not doing what you want it to do?

There are heaps of examples on ni.com.  Try searching for them.  Also, try searching the LV help for examples.  Open the context help for each of your VIs and see if there are any examples included for them.

Have you thought about doing some ni training or getting a training manual?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,513 Views)
I was just looking for advice really, ive looked at the examples on NI for FPGA code and they seem to have lots of things i dont understand/ see the need for. For example timing engines. I was just hoping that if i posted here the obvious errors in my code could be pointed out.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,492 Views)

Your code is very simple.  I can't see that you can really go wrong with it.  Unfortunately I have none of the hardware you're using.  Maybe someone else does.

If you dont understand the fundamentals about timing engines then (1) do a search for tutorials (there has to be one) (2) have a go at implementing one (3) post any specific questions you have.

Cheers,

Battler.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,405 Views)