LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph configuration scales

@GerdW wrote:

please keep discussion in one place. No need to hijack old threads and to create double posts!

I think this is the thread he started?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(263 Views)

@virtman wrote:

Hello,

I would like to create a command that control the size of a waveform graph ( samething for images ) in order to print it later with correct sizes.

I am not sure if we need to use the DPI of the printer so that we could have the correct sizes

Remarque

I tried that formula that allows us to pass from mm into pixels by multiplying the desired width by PPI of my screen wich is 102 PPI / 25,4 mm but this formula did not work with me i did not get the right size of my graph.

I tried another method wich is dividing the desired value by the pixel pitch of my screen ( size of one pixel) , but it did not work well ! pixel pitch = physical screen width / 1920 pixels width (1920 *1080 resolution of my screen)

I have an A0 as a paper format and i would like to implement one method that it will be applied for all screens!

My goal is to apply this method in order to have a correct sizes without using pdf or word report, Thank you !

You need to calculate how much pixels (X*Y) the printer needs to make the desired size.

Then, you need to make the graph (or a copy of the graph in a 2nd VI) that size, and print the panel (assuming nothing else is on the panel). Then the graph in the correct size should come out the printer in the correct size. There might be static and\or linear corrective number needed though.

Scaling graphs is a bit tricky, as you can't resize the graph directly. You need to resize the graph area instead. That might actually what you're after in this case...

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(263 Views)