LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph configuration scales

Hello every one,

I am working on a project that allows me to configure my graph  with some parameters in order to print it later, and thats will happen when configuring  :

Large

Width

Number of Miliseconds per cm

My question is how to calculate the instant t of my graph if for example i have 20 cm large   and each  milliseconds of my X axes  represent 3 cm,  at the same time my graph should have this configuration mentioned before  after printing it

I hope i get some help , thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(2,765 Views)

So you have some configuration parameters.

Then you do some configuration.

Then you want some information.

Everything would depend on the details that you are leaving out... How are those parameters used to configure the graph, to name just one detail. I'm sure "using Large, Width and Number of Milliseconds per cm to configure a scale" makes perfect sense to you, but please keep in mind that we have no idea what you are trying to do here in the first place...

Posting a screenshot or even the VI (why not?) will probably be useful to provide help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(2,752 Views)

Yes, In fact i display on a graph some time signals and i want  to print it but before that i need to configure it, as you can see on the front panel  i have some parameters to use ( Hauteur, Nombre de ms pour 1 cm ...etc)   My question is :

-How to calculate the time value t on the X axis , so that my graph is going to have the desired large ( defined before on the front panel)

- 2ndly How to scale my X axis in order to have for example (2 miliseconds -> 3cm on the paper once printed)

Thank you for your help

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(2,733 Views)

If I understand correctly, you want to scale something in LabVIEW, so when printed it has the correct size.

Is this always the same printer? And same paper size? If this is to be installed on arbitrary computers with arbitrary printer, it will be near impossible.

I'd probably make a PDF first, as PDF is pretty deterministic\standardized. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(2,702 Views)

Yes that is what i am looking for, printing a graph that it has the correct size.

most of the time would be the same printer  and same paper size, and the printer is already installed

and i would like to do that without using pdf :

My problem is in the sub VI (calcul pour impression), if you have some suggestion to calculate the ( large, width, ... etc) i would be gratefull

because actually that sub vi is not working well, and if you enter in it you will find some coeff such as (0.265 i think it was used to pass from pixels into milimeters)

Thanks for helping me. Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(2,696 Views)

Hi virtman,

My problem is in the sub VI (calcul pour impression),

But you failed in attaching that subVI with your message(s)…

Do you really need so many local variables in your VI?

You can also combine many of those property nodes for less clutter in the block diagram…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(2,693 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Actually the Sub vi that i mentionned before exist in the Graph_ print.VI block diagram

well i need to save the older dimension once graph printed to remain the older dimensions.

Best regards

Virtman

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(2,689 Views)

@virtman wrote:

My problem is in the sub VI (calcul pour impression), if you have some suggestion to calculate the ( large, width, ... etc) i would be gratefull

I'm not sure you can... The DPI's on the printer are key here, and might depend on the loaded paper and such.

Then again, if you add a calibration ratio (aka twitch factor) the user can decide... Simply print once, measure the error, correct with a ratio.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(2,684 Views)

Hi virtman,

Actually the Sub vi that i mentionned before exist in the Graph_ print.VI block diagram

Yes, sure there is an icon in the block diagram - missing for us as the corresponding VI file only exists on your computer!

When you want to learn about the basics of LabVIEW (like handling of VI and projects) you should take the links in the Training section in the header of this LabVIEW board!

i need to save the older dimension once graph printed to remain the older dimensions.

To save data you should use files…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(2,680 Views)

yes i 'am sorry i didnt see that,

you will find them right here

Thank you for help

Download All
0 Kudos