LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export NI-DAQmx Configuration not working

I need my NI-DAQmx configuration to copy from one project to a new one. However, when I right-click my RT device>Export. Nothing happens.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,741 Views)

Hi Paul,

When you say nothing happens, do you mean that the Export option is grayed out and/or the wizard isn't running, or are you not able to find the configuration file once wizard has run?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,713 Views)

Nothing happens after I select export. Can't import either. This is in V2012 BTW. I'm going back to V2011, at least on this system. I'll get back later with details if this fixes my problem.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,702 Views)

Back to square one. Smiley Indifferent Everything in the two machines is identical: Hardware, software, etc. I cannot import or edit DAQmx channels in my RT system. The other system works fine.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,682 Views)

I take it you are attempting to export these settings through MAX? Could you check which version of MAX is running on each machine?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,656 Views)

The working machine is using MAX 5.0. The non-working machine is using 5.3

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,645 Views)

Hi Paul,

Could you generate and post a MAX Technical Report for each of your systems? These reports will help us determine exactly what is different between the two systems.

Instructions on generating the report can be found at the link below:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,611 Views)

This is taking way too long. Smiley Indifferent One-per-day emails from NI support ask me for screen shots of software wizards. Smiley Indifferent We are going to try building the next test panel. It's identical to this one that is giving us trouble.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,601 Views)