LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel-ActiveX-Maximized if I close it, I get missing reference error

Solved!
Go to solution

I have report which is generated  using excel(not Report genration Toolkit).... There is an option for window state.

Well I want it open,(but the problem is if someone closes the excel file, I get errors saying no reference... and all that thing)

Is there a way to view this way(i.e. updates while entering and does not cause problems if we close it)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,706 Views)

Hi karthik,

you need to program some error handling.

When your user is able to close the excel workbook while your program is working with it, you need to check for errors. When an error like "missing reference" is popping up you need to re-open the workbook…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(2,705 Views)

No If you reopen wouldn't the reference be something new.... wouldn't this cause the old data to vanish???? And If I do error checking I have a huge amount of formatting and other stuff going on and the data that comes should not get misplaced for the error checking.... I think i'm screwed right

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,698 Views)

Check this ,

I hope this will help you.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Open-EXCEL-at-Runtime/td-p/2906890/page/2

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,686 Views)

Well I Got to open the reference , but how do I get the old data back,,, I periodically store it in the had-drive.... but how do I like make it to continue from that point.... I've no idea how to create a reference for an existing Spreadsheet file or copy the spreadsheet file into a new Reference

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,662 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author karthik9

Oh well! I found a way to solve that roblem just use the Stored file name as the template while creating the  New Report!!! Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,660 Views)