Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while building an executable from vi

That should read error 1502, not 1503.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,220 Views)

Smiley Happy Had same problem trying to build Exel reporting Error, Enable debugging worked for me....?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,204 Views)

Enable debugging is treating the symptom and not the solution.  You don't want to leave this enabled if you plan on distributing your application.

Edit:  My point is, this seems to be a patch and not a good fix.  I have gotten similiar erros myself with LV 2010 (although not the one described here).  This appears to be a bug.  Mine crops up every now and then with new builds.  I close out LV, go back in and the problem clears up.  Yours seems to be a bit more involved, but enabling debugging would be an inefficient method to "resolve" the issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,200 Views)

Hi

Agreeed it is treating the symptom,

It used to work on LV8  but PC crached and I rebuild on 2011 I get error

If I enable debugging it builds without error and runs on system with a development system, If and once deployed to a clean machine, with all drivers installed it fails with      Report 1.0.0.0 as encountered a problem and is shutting down dump and log file...

Installing labview development on PC get application running if build with debug, I presume Clean machine has not debug libs installed....

Their is defenitley something that needs to be added before build is made to include some extra library.... but what>

It is simple Vi that makes use of exel reporting I have include the class and excel lib as I said worked perfect on LV8

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,191 Views)

Have you tried the solution here.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/1502-error-previous-solutions-not-working/m-p/1489838/highlight/true...

Or the suggestion  here.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Build-Errors-1502/m-p/1301220/highlight/true#M536545

or here.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-1502-occurred/m-p/1712466/highlight/true#M604492

Doing a search for "error 1502" returned many hits.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,183 Views)

I am having the same problem. 

But The Default Build path did work the first time around.

What I found is UNC paths don't work in Appbuilder, you need a mapped drive.

eg; use  z:/project/buildspecname  not \\server/project/build

LV2012 SP1  12.0.1F1

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,980 Views)

I had this issue in LV 2011. My simple application was calling a source code library that had a polymorphic VI as it's interface. The build was failing because for some reason it could not find one of the polymorphic members. Everything worked fine in the development environment but failed in the build.

Solution: In the build specification under the Additional Exclusions category, I deselected the "Remove unused polymorphic VI instances".

Everything compiled fine after that and the executable ran correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,897 Views)

@richard.koo wrote:

Upon searching for error 1502, I found this Know Issue link:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/11869/en.  Issue ID 255617 stated:

Error 1502 can occur if dependencies are placed in non executing case structures
In previous versions of LabVIEW you could place VIs in a case structure with a constant wired the the case selector. This would load the VIs at runtime. If you have this pattern and attempt to build an executable you could receive error 1502

Workaround: Don't use unreachable code

So the issue is I have an case structure with hard coded boolean, so the other case is unreachable.

CAR 425753 discussed in this thread was fixed in  LabVIEW 2014.  For a more complete list of bugs fixed in LabVIEW 2014, check the LabVIEW 2014 Bug Fixes. You can download an evaluation copy of LabVIEW 2014 at http://www.ni.com/trylabview/ or if you have an earlier version of LabVIEW installed and an active SSP subscription, you will be able to download the latest version of LabVIEW through NI Update Service.

Note that there are still other ways to encounter error 1502, see this KnowledgeBase Article for steps to troubleshoot this error.

Regards,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,730 Views)