LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when I Unlock Library for Editing with XControl

I get this error a lot when I have a VI with an XControl open and try to unlock the xcontrol to edit it.

err.PNG

Any way to get rid of it?  Explanations for it?

Thanks

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,441 Views)

Hello Tim,

.cpp errors are internal crashes. If you post an example VI that can run on any computer and steps to reproduce the error in the latest version of LabVIEW then I can verify and pass it off to our R&D team for further analysis. Post it up and I'll see what I can find for you. Thanks!!

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,413 Views)

Andy C. wrote:

Hello Tim,

.cpp errors are internal crashes. If you post an example VI that can run on any computer and steps to reproduce the error in the latest version of LabVIEW then I can verify and pass it off to our R&D team for further analysis. Post it up and I'll see what I can find for you. Thanks!!

I don't have the latest version of LabVIEW (I run 8.6.1f1), but here is a VI and the XControl just in case it helps any.  

Steps to crash:

Open the VI

Open the XControl

Choose Unlock Library for Editing

This is where it crashes, if it crashes.  It doesn't happen all the time.  

--
Tim Elsey
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,409 Views)

Hello Tim,

Are you having similar issue with other XControl? I cannot replicate the issue with LabVIEW 2009.

Andy Chang
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,399 Views)

The only other XControl I have access to is the shipping example.  I haven't seen this error with that control.

I haven't written any other XControls, so I really can't say.

--
Tim Elsey
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,393 Views)

Hello Tim,

We can try other XControls that are available on NI's community site (http://decibel.ni.com/content/search.jspa?resultTypes=BLOG_POST&resultTypes=DOCUMENT&resultTypes=MES...)

It seems that you are only having problem with that specific XCtonrol. Is that a XControl that you made? We can try to resave/mass compile the project for XControl to see if that would resolve the issue.

Andy Chang
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,385 Views)

I tried some XControls from that search and I had no errors.  I mass compiled my XControl and tried again, the error still occurs. 

It ocurred to me that the error might be because my XControl is on a network, and may have been open on another computer.  So, I tested this with one of the other XControls I tried, but had no issues with that.

--
Tim Elsey
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,383 Views)