LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download network speed

Hi,

sorry for my english that isn't very fluent.

I need to request with LabView 7.1 the download and upload speed.

Somebody tell me to use Windows API but I don't Know how to do it.

There are someone able to help me?

Thank's

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,747 Views)

Hi sandro73,

can you please explain in more detail? What do you want to download?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,740 Views)

The problem is this:

i would crete an application that shutdown the pc when is not used for a long time.

To do this, I think to check the mouse position and the download from Torrent or eMule.

If the mouse is in the same position for 1 hour and the Download speed is under 1 KByte/s i send  a shutdown command.

I find the command to get the mouse position but i Don't know how to get the download speed in a particular moment.

If someone suggest me another valid solution, is the same.

Thank's

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,734 Views)

Hi sandro73,

it should be possible to read this info from the programs (T... and eM...). Another solution could be to use an external traffic analyzer.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,724 Views)

Hi Sandro,

I think that search for a third party traffic analyzer should be the best way to perform the task. LabVIEW provide itself for the event-driven programming pattern  which let you detect and locate any event within LabVIEW application. If you want to communicate and send messages between external programs you can use the System Exec.vi function, which let you launch command through a DOS prompt, or the Call Library Function Node.vi so you could use external code in LabVIEW. In this way you can call the Windows API which let you access to the informations you need. 

Let me know if you need further investigation

Regards

Matteo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,650 Views)