LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DigitalPersona fingerprint scanner driver

Greetings,

I recently purchased a DigitalPersona U.are.U 4500 fingerprint scanner and would like to integrate it into labview for various purposes. Using the free SDK that DP provides I was able to quickly create some test code (attached here) but thus far I am unable to get it to work. Specifically I am using their ActiveX external code but I am not necessarily tied into that as they also provide .NET and few others in their SDK for interop.

Can anyone shed some light on what I am doing wrong? I am guessing it has something to do with the event handler.

Just some background:
Fingerprint scanner
SDK download

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,421 Views)

Hi Nooxious,

i can't see any mistake in the part you've attached. What are you doing in the callback vi? That's the function which will be called. There you have to place the code to react on the event.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,402 Views)

Have you had any luck communicating with the DigitalPersona U.are.U 4500 fingerprint scanner? I'm interested in purchasing one myself, but only if I can use it with LabVIEW.

Many thanks,

-Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,275 Views)

Hello,

You could do this with LabVIEW with USB Instrument control, using VISA commands. I have a link to an article that describes how to do this but as the article states, you will need to understand the device's communication protocol.

USB Instrument Control Tutorial

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4478#toc1

Regards,

Patricia B.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,211 Views)