LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy a db alias on linux RT target with XNET

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to deploy a db alias on a linux target (cRIO 9030 or sbRIO 9651). Doing it with the XNET vi (XNET database deploy.vi) I don't see any error but there isn't the alias on the tager. If i try to do it manually with the Manage Aliases interface, the error shows in the attached figure appear, but i don't have any problem of connection (I can trasfer files with webdav). Any idea?

I also try to load the alias directly in real time, but i can't do that with the XNET vis. There is another way to do that (for example with something like the frame to channel conversion library, which are no more available for linux targets...)

Paolo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,426 Views)

Hi pbov,

have you tried removing the password from Web-based Configuration & Monitoring system of the target? That would be the first thing to do in this case, as it could resolve the communication problems and you should be able to connect to the RT target via ‘Manage NI XNET database’ option on ‘NI XNET database editor’.

Also, do you have the latest version of the NI-XNET drivers? The last version is the 14.5, you can download it from here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-xnet-14.5/5184/en/.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,359 Views)

Hi CorraDIT,

I have just found a way to connet with the target installing the Legacy FTP server into the target (I was going to update this post right now...). In that way I can connect with the target with the Manage Database aliases. Two problems: Legacy FTP server is deprecated and, even if I can deploy aliases on the target, i can't see any alias deployed on RT target in the main interface of Manage Aliases (see the attached figure). I have an open called with NI support, if i have some news i will update the post.

As regard your advise to remove the password, I will try if it works, but at the end i have to mantain a password for the target.

As regards drivers, I have already installed the XNET 14.5

Thanks for your answer,

Paolo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,350 Views)

Did anyone find a way to do this without using the legacy FTP or leaving the password blank?

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,078 Views)

Yes - I actually reported this as a CAR to NI. 

Details (and workaround):

http://forums.ni.com/t5/BreakPoint/Monthly-Bugs-March-2016/m-p/3261525#M27914

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,069 Views)

Sam,

Thanks for the quick response!

Any word on how to do it programmatically?  I tried using the "Managing RT Databases" Example, but the "XNET Database Deploy" VI throws an error when I provide the user/pw in the format from the help.  Were you able to make this work?

For reference, my IP String was similar to this without the quotes  "[admin:admin@]1.1.1.1".

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,061 Views)

Forgot to mention, that I can use this VI when the cRIO does not have a password just fine by using the IP String "1.1.1.1".

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,059 Views)

Did you include the square brackets? If so - take them out.

The only way I was able to get it to work was programmatically using the following VI:

DeployAlias.png

(super secure password, I know Smiley LOL)

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,054 Views)

Huh, thought I had tried that too, but it works now.  Thanks!!  Hopefully this will help someone else with the same issue.  That help article is not very clear.

Drew T.
Camber Ridge, LLC.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,050 Views)