LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 10/25/2010

For those of you who use Quick Drop, there are a number of INI tokens related to the feature.  I figured it would be good to post a nugget describing all of them, including those that are not currently documented:

• QuickDropPosition - The last position of the Quick Drop window.  In LabVIEW 2010, the window became resizable...this INI token includes the total bounds of the Quick Drop window to preserve the size.
  • QuickDropPanelShortcuts - A delimited list of all front panel object shortcuts specified in the Quick Drop Shortcuts dialog box.  You can see a list the object shortcuts I use here.
  • QuickDropDiagramShortcuts - Same as above, but for block diagram object shortcuts.
  • QuickDropKeyboardShortcutMappings - Added in LabVIEW 2010.  A delimited list of all customized Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcut mappings.  These are configured in the afore-mentioned Quick Drop Shortcuts dialog box.
  • QuickDropFastSearch - Added in LabVIEW 2010.  When set to TRUE, this INI token enables a simple string match for whatever is typed in the Quick Drop combo box.  With this option, the search results in Quick Drop will be much more responsive, at the expense of no longer having the keyword and relevance-based matching that was added in LabVIEW 2009.
  • QuickDropTransparency - Added in LabVIEW 2010.  This value is used to set the transparency of the Quick Drop window.  If set to 100, the Quick Drop window will not appear when invoked, but it will be usable.  Play tricks on your friends by having panel/diagram objects mysteriously start appearing in your VI as you type.  🙂

Note that the first four INI tokens listed are handled automatically by Quick Drop, either internally or through the user interface.  For the last two INI tokens, you would need to manually add them to your LabVIEW INI file in order to use them.

Message 1 of 2
(6,973 Views)

Darren wrote:
  • QuickDropFastSearch - Added in LabVIEW 2010.  When set to TRUE, this INI token enables a simple string match for whatever is typed in the Quick Drop combo box.  With this option, the search results in Quick Drop will be much more responsive, at the expense of no longer having the keyword and relevance-based matching that was added in LabVIEW 2009.

I don't know about QD, but at least in my version, the search is plenty responsive even with the relevance-based matching. Maybe I don't have enough elements in the list to make it slow?

(6,923 Views)