From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 09/20/2010

Cool LabVIEW 2010 Features Part VI: VI Analyzer Test Creator

Ok, I guess this is technically a cool LabVIEW 2010 *Toolkit* feature.  But now that VI Scripting is a core LabVIEW feature, we have also added the ability to create your own VI Analyzer Toolkit tests.  Note that you must have the VI Analyzer Toolkit 2010 installed in order to use this feature:

24334iE7EFB0786F39D7E2

This menu option launches the VI Analyzer Test Creator Wizard, which takes you through a few simple configuration options to create the shell of a VI Analyzer test.  Once your test has been created, you can then write scripting code to perform whatever operations you wish to test.  And I figured that some users, particularly those new to scripting, might have trouble getting started after that, so I removed password protection from almost all of the shipping VI Analyzer Toolkit tests in [LabVIEW]\project\_VI Analyzer\_tests.  There are 88 shipping tests in VI Analyzer Toolkit 2010, so that should provide plenty of example code for those of you just getting started with VI Scripting.

One thing to note:  The VI Analyzer tests you create with the test creator wizard are stored in [LabVIEW Data]\VI Analyzer Tests.  Any tests in this location appear in a <User-Specified> tests category within the VI Analyzer UI.

Message 1 of 2
(5,239 Views)

Odd... I don't seem to have a "DNatt Utils" Tools menu option in my install of 2010?  😉 

Message 2 of 2
(5,044 Views)