LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 04/17/2006

In LabVIEW 8.0, you can make your VI front panels partially transparent while the VI is running.  This can be handy when you have a "floating" front panel window that you want to be always available in your app, but perhaps you still want to have a global view of all the contents of your desktop.  To play with this setting, check out VI Properties > Window Appearance > Customize... > Window Runs Transparent.  You can also set the transparency level to a value between 0% and 100%.

-D

P.S. - Check out past nuggets here.
Message 1 of 6
(14,102 Views)
For those without 8 (but with windows), this is achieved through windows API functions as demonstarted in the attached VI (which includes a VI from the winutil library). The connector pane and FP are not properly set up, but it shows the concept.

One reminder,

if you set transparency to 0% BUT not mark you're VI as non-transparent it will cost you a lot of resources...

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 3 of 6
(13,942 Views)
Can you do this programatically?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(13,857 Views)
I'm pretty sure that I remember this being available either as a property or as a method (probably a property) of either the VI or the front panel.

(13,841 Views)
I was just about to reply to myself.  There is actually an example under the "new in 8.0" examples.  It is a property, and rather quite easy.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(13,833 Views)