LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Assistent nor Data Neighborhood recognize a USB chassis and modules, but "Measurement..." does

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using Labview 2012 Full Development, and cDAQ-9188 8-slot chassis with Ni-9203 (current), NI-8205 (voltage), NI-9213 (thermocouples), and NI-9485 (switch) modules installed.  Measurement and Automation Explorer, Network Devices, recognizes the chassis and installed modules, evidenced by the serial numbers of each displayed. I have downloaded DAQmx 9.6.1.  Neither Data Neighborhood nor DAQ Assistant recognizes that the chassis or modules exist.  So far, I don't think I sound confused, but, I am.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,203 Views)

Hi,

If you have the problem that DAQ Assistant not recognizes the chassis and modules, follow these troubleshooting steps to try and fix this:

1. Ensure that a DAQmx device is installed on your system.
  2. Check if the device shows up properly in Measurement & Automation Explorer.
  3. Check if the device shows up in Windows Device Manager.

If you need more information about the troubleshooting steps, check the following link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/179BC9B0266168288625722100738C22

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,187 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Reserved

Thanks, Marand.  As I wrote in the post, MAX Network Devices recognized the 9188 chassis, and listed the modules installed in the right-had panel.  Neither Data Neighborhood nor DAQ Assistant recognized either the chassis or the modules.  The solution was incredibly simple, but subtle.  CompactDAQ chassis and modules connected to the computer via USB are automatically recognized, and that is what I expected.  However, the 9188 is an Ethernet chassis;  while the chassis was recognized on "Network," I had to select "Add Device" to have MAX recognize the modules. Just clicking on that option populated the tree.  All is well now.  I should tell you the steps you suggested are exactly those suggested by an NI Applicatoins Engineer to whom I spoke.  It was during that conversation that I suggested selecting "Add Device" just because we had tried everything else.  Thanks again for your help..

Message 3 of 3
(2,174 Views)