LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating application for archiving data from the mobile device in LabVIEW.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys i need help with my application. I need to ensure connection between my phone and PC via USB , then open explorer with files and folders, wich are  in the phone, mark it and backed up and choose duties imposed . Something like in this video just in LabVIEW.

Can you help me? I am a beginner in LabVIEW so please consider.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 45
(4,701 Views)
in labview if you want to work with mobile device you should use data dashboard and it relative tools otherwise you can just use your mobile device with usb in labview just as storage hard not more
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 45
(4,644 Views)

It is very simple to do it in LabVIEW, after you connect your Android phone it will just work like a USB pendrive location. I think you have to manually enable USB drive mode on Android phones (at least on my phone) so it can act as an attached disk. I do not know if you could automatise this step, or not?

You can use the following functions in LV to move, create, delete, etc. files and folders:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/glang/advanced_file_functions/

However, why you want to re-invent the wheel? Why to spend time to program such features in LabVIEW? There are many applications which you can install for free under Windows, and they have sophisticated back-up features too, which would involve quite some work to program in LabVIEW (like different backup/sync options: echo, synchronise, contribute...).

An example i use often and free: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15155

@Hatef: "in labview if you want to work with mobile device you should use data dashboard and it relative tools otherwise you can just use your mobile device with usb in labview "

This is not true. There are lots of other options to interface a mobile phone with LabVIEW, not only the product Data Dashboard. Besides, the OP asked for a functionality which has little to do with Data Dashboard, so why mention it?

Message 3 of 45
(4,626 Views)
BLOKK
what I told is relate to mobile with android system
what do you have other methods for mobile with labview work with labview just using data dashboards and also using Bluetooth connection !!?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 45
(4,603 Views)

@Hatef.fouladi wrote:
BLOKK
what I told is relate to mobile with android system
what do you have other methods for mobile with labview work with labview just using data dashboards and also using Bluetooth connection !!?

What you wrote is related to Data Dashboard. But the OP did not ask for such functionality like monitoring DAQ on a remote PC. The OP asked for functionality involving moving files between a PC and a phone (connected via USB, not wireless!) using LabVIEW. So I do not see the reason why you stuck to this Data Dashboard thing. Keep on topic.

Other methods? For example using any browser on any device. LabVIEW Web Services...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45
(4,589 Views)
could LabVIEW Web Service provide you any access to mobile device storage data or mobile sensors information?
but about why I talk about the Data Dashboard, because when beginner in LabVIEW talk about labview code and mobile, they think that labview code generate code in apk format and for android
it is my experience when I answer for these people they know about Data Dashboard but do not have good information about it
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 45
(4,570 Views)

@Hatef.fouladi wrote:
could LabVIEW Web Service provide you any access to mobile device storage data or mobile sensors information?
but about why I talk about the Data Dashboard, because when beginner in LabVIEW talk about labview code and mobile, they think that labview code generate code in apk format and for android
it is my experience when I answer for these people they know about Data Dashboard but do not have good information about it

Yes, you can create web service so you could have options to upload files to a server for example. You do not have access to sensors, but the OP did not ask about sensors. I am not really familiar with Data Dashboard, but as much as I know, you cannot transfer files using it...

Anyway, it is nonsense to argue about these unrelated things, since the OP asked about how to move files between phone and PC using an USB cable. Period. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45
(4,563 Views)
blokk
op ask Creating application for archiving data
so maybe he was think that labview could provide any apk format file
also you know that upload files to a server is operator action not application action
and we was talking about application not for what operator can do
otherwies the more easy answer for this question is extracting mobile CD card and save the files into system
as you should know we are talking about application
and I dont think my first post had any mistake information about it
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 45
(4,549 Views)

Sorry Hatef,  but Blokk is correct on this.

The OP wants to know how to move files.  Data Dashboard has nothing to do with this.  Any discussion about it is just a huge distraction for what thge OP wants to do.

I'm not saying your message is wrong.  Just that it is correct information to a completely unrelated question.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45
(4,536 Views)
ravensfan
the only application of labview that work with android mobile device is data dashboard
this is answer for Creating application for mobile device that op ask
is op files is relate to some indicators or sensor he can use it
if not he now know that he should not search for other method to make apk file form labview codes
also if op want just save or check some file inside the mobile device storage memory he should tread with his mobile device just as storage hard
and it is answer for second part
my answer is just few sentence and I think it completely regards all possible aspect of question that op could think about it and need about it
I do not wrote story of some thing there with Thousands of the words that could waste OP time without any useful information
i try to help op in minimum words that is possible

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45
(4,520 Views)