LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color control, selection box, individual color

Hello everybody,

I have a problem when choosing a color with a color control.
After choosing "more colors" and select an individual color from that color selection window, Labview doesn't go back to my application window. Instead I get back to the Windows Desktop and have to go back (by Tab or click the toolbar) to my Labview program. This seems to be independent of my application, I get this behaviour with development versions and executables, with windows with menu/scrollbar etc. enabled or disabled.
This only happens when I choose "more colors", when selecting colors from the normal/first window after clicking a color control Labview returns to my user interface. Any remarks?

Also "frustating": I set the beckground color of a text control with a property node. Normally I use short name format. In this case the property shows "NumText.BGColor". But this represents 2 different properties: "NumericText->Colors->BG Color" and "NumericText->TextColors->BG Color"! This is a little bit annoying, if I don't want to waste space on the block diagram. Couldn't LabView use two slightly different short names?

Best regards,
GerdW
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 1 of 7
(2,758 Views)
"After choosing "more colors" and select an individual color from that color selection window, Labview doesn't go back to my application window."

I can confirm that observation! I also found it troubling.

On a related note, the CW 3-d chart acts similarly if you go to the proprties screen.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 7
(2,737 Views)
I agree with you.. It is a pain..

And I got used to it..

It makes for a long property node box. Hopefully some improvements (on colors) will make its way for the next release LV8..

🙂
Message 3 of 7
(2,730 Views)
I reported this as an issue.

SR# =634999

It does not happen if pallettes are pinned down.

Of course the "Old Timers" never used this so we had trouble.

I will update if I hear more.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 7
(2,727 Views)
Hello Ben,

what do you mean with "pinned down"?

I think I'm a "old timer"...

Best regards,
GerdW
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,724 Views)
""pinned down"

That is waht support told me when they had difficulty reproducing this effect.

I am having trouble duplcating their success!

Well, I can still confirm the issue!

Ben
Message 6 of 7
(2,721 Views)
When you pop-up on a block diagram to get a palette, there is a pin icon in the top-left corner. Clicking on this pin “pins down” the palette (it does not go away when you select something from it). This functionality is useful if you want to have several palettes up at the same time so you don't have to keep navigating to them from the top palette.
Message 7 of 7
(2,658 Views)