LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code signing LabVIEW executables

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm not looking to jump through many hoops to make it totally bulletproof.  The company I work for is a small company, and we send an install disk with each of our products.  I doubt we would be a good target for someone trying to sneak in a virus, but at the same time, I'm new to this and wanted to put in my due dilligence.  I wanted to make sure I was doing it in a way that is an accepted practice in the industry, and that was recommended by NI.  I think I have my answer to that.  Thank you all for your input.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(620 Views)

I'm trying to sign a build labview.app in  OsX and get the error "unsealed contents present in the bundle root".

I believe this is due to locating  "AppContents_x64.llb"  outside of the "Contents" folder. 

From the apple website,since Mavericks :

..." In addition, there may not be any content in the top level of a bundle. In other words, if a bundle has a Contents or Versions directory at its top level, there may be no other files or directories alongside them. The one exception is that alongside Versions, there may be symlinks to files in Versions/Current."...

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/technotes/tn2206/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40007919...

It sounds like everything including support frameworks belongs in the Contents folder of the .app bundle. Trying to set the support folder destination to MyProgram.app/Contents cause a permissions error that crashes the build. (maybe MyProgram.app doesn't exist when files are copied to the destination?)

One of our programmers modified the lvruntime framework so it will find a re-named AppContents.llb in the Contents folder, but this is not a great solution. Does anyone know of a workaround?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(559 Views)

You posted into a 3 year old thread that has absolutely nothing to do with your question.

Please start a new message thread with your question.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(531 Views)