LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change row and col in excel

Hi,i have labview 6  i need to get data to the excel specific row and col than on the same worksheet write another data and so on.
 in the word doc i put the code i use.
1) how can i do it right
2) how can i write to the same worksheet without run over the old data
i have to do 100 experiment and i don't want to open 100 worksheets on the excel

thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,392 Views)

Hi,

Should the excel need any style for it. example, characters' color, text size. text style, append picture etc.

if not. you can use "write characters to file.vi" this vi is easy controlled that write to the same worksheet ,as your option, run over or not the old data.

if you need some of excel's style. you can make the old data worksheet as a temp.xls. define the worksheet written position, thus, the data will not run over the old data.

Try to make everything Automatic
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,385 Views)
10X but the serious problem is how to change the excel row and col from the vi and not make them constant.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,382 Views)

you can do a checkings. before write data to the excel file, check where the empty field is. normally, I will define the first column as my checkings. and found it. get it's postion. and write the data to the temp file which includes old data.

if you choose " write characters to file.vi" the vi will add the data to the empty field automatically.

Try to make everything Automatic
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,378 Views)