LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRIO wont connect to MAX...

Hello,

I am having trouble getting my CRIO to connect to MAX. At first Max was able to see the RIO, but it gave a CRIO error and a visa error. I think the RIO was then removed from Remote connections and we can't get MAX to see it anymore. I think that the CRIO is using 2.1.3 software while MAX is using 2.3 and that might be a problem, but I'm not sure why MAX won't see it at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,935 Views)
Hi Brian,

Dumb question: did you try a hard reset of the cRIO and the restart MAX?  Even if the software versions are mismatched, you should still be able to see it.  Sometime Real-Time targets get in an unresponsive state for a variety of reasons, and usually restarting brings them back.

If that doesn't work, there are a few other things that could have gone wrong.

Jim
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,932 Views)

Thanks for the response. Hard reset as in powering down the RIO...yeah we have done that. We have also tried resetting the IP via the dipswitch.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,928 Views)
Well, sorry that it didn't help.  The IP reset would have been my next guess...  It's possible that MAX is somehow the culprit.  Do you have a separate computer to try out?  If that's not it, then I'm out of ideas.  Unfortunately, I'm leaving work in a minute, too.  Anyone else have any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,925 Views)
well thanks for the help. I might install the 2.1.3 version that came with the RIO and see if that will work.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,923 Views)

I also had troubles with my crio 9002 when I attached the crio to a pxi after using it on a computer.  Had all the errors, all the flashing lights, lost my crio in MAX, ... and tried all I could find on the forum without any result.

Then, when I finally recovered my crio in Max ( with a visa error still) I simply tried an IP adres which was only one digit different from my PXI and it worked !! (IP PXI = xxx.xxx.xxx.1 => IP crio xxx.xxx.xxx.2) 

Maybe just an idea for anyone who encounters these problems.

Jan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,707 Views)